Our HANX Fix vaginal health service is here and we’re all about keeping you babes informed, so here’s the lowdown on the condition that also happens to be the most talked-about topic on HANX Life… let’s talk about cystitis!
𝑾𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒆𝒙𝒂𝒄𝒕𝒍𝒚 𝒊𝒔 𝒄𝒚𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒕𝒊𝒔?
Cystitis is the name given to the inflammation of the bladder, which is normally caused by an infection here. It is a common type of UTI (urinary tract infection), especially if you have a vagina. Mild cases of cystitis often get better by themselves, often with the help of #cystitisrelief products, and usually within a few days. It’s worth noting that if not managed, cystitis can sometimes lead to a more serious kidney infection. If after two days, your symptoms are not improving, it’s important to seek medical advice - no if’s, no but’s.
- Pain or stinging when you pee
- Needing to pee more often than normal and sometimes more urgently too
- Occasionally lower tummy pains
- Feeling generally unwell in yourself, e.g. feeling tired and ‘meh’
𝑯𝒐𝒘 𝒕𝒐 𝒂𝒗𝒐𝒊𝒅 𝒊𝒕:
- Pee after sex
- Wipe front to back
- Stay hydrated
- Use a water-based lubricant to avoid irritation during sex insert HANX lube here
- Avoid perfumed or scented products around your genitals, wash regularly with warm water & showers are advised over baths…
- Try not to hold onto urine too often when you need to pee, empty the bladder completely each time
- Stay clear of tight-fitting synthetic underwear
𝑯𝒐𝒘 𝒕𝒐 𝒕𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒕 𝒊𝒕:
You can take simple pain relief such as paracetamol and ibuprofen to manage any pain you have associated with the cystitis. 💊
Sodium citrate sachets, as found in our NEW #HANXFix service, can help manage the burning and stinging cystitis brings, by neutralising the acidity of the urine. This often gives a quick relief for the symptoms of cystitis, zing!*
WBU? How do you manage cystitis and has it got worse in lockdown? (Spoiler alert: that’ll be stress…) Let us know below.
*If unsure of your condition, please seek advice from your GP/medical professional before purchase.