Just started taking the pill again - how long does it take to work?

I paused taking the pill for just over a month because I thought I might come off it, although I still had a good supply. I’m now having regular sex again (big applause) so I decided to start taking it again. Does anyone know how long it takes to work again? It says up to 7 days when I google it but I want to make sure that’s safe!

Maybe check in with your GP to be safe? I know you generally have to be careful to be taking the pill correctly for it to work so I’m guessing there is some kind of rule! Following this thread as I’m curious :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Commenting here as its a similar issue - I’m wondering if you want to stop taking the pill if you need to inform your GP? Or can you just stop? Seems annoying to need to make an appointment but also would want to be safe!

Read about this on a Hanx article - just googled it and found the link! Dr HANX Dispatch: It's Time To Tackle Contraception Myths

It says at least a week - does the information in the pill packet say anything? You could always keep using condoms for a bit longer/the rest of this cycle for more peace of mind!