Living With Herpes

Hi everyone,

I’m adjusting my lifestyle recently since my diagnoses. Has anyone got any tips or advice on this, I haven’t really spoken to anyone about it other than my GP and feeling alone.

Hey @Bethany1 so sorry to hear this. I have a friend with Herpes and I know how daunting that initial diagnosis can be as it is 'for life. But honestly, it’s really common, and most of the time you won’t have symptoms. Millions of people live with the condition, and there is treatment out there to help you in flare ups, and help prevent you passing on to partners. Please don’t worry (I know that’s easier said than done). It doesn’t define you, and you can definitely have normal relationships.

I know HANX have an article on it here too: Dr HANX: Herpes

Keep us posted.

xxx

Hi Bethany, hope you’re doing okay <3

Like Rosie, I’ve also got a friend who has herpes, and whilst she was really nervous when she was first diagnosed a few years ago, she’s honestly had no issues (no flare-ups or anything) since she was first diagnosed. All her partners have been really understanding and her daily life hasn’t changed at all really.

Sorry for not having better advice, but I promise it’ll all be absolutely fine <3