Vaginal Health TikTok trends you should avoid

Good news: Influencers and educators are flocking to TikTok to deliver their own brand of lifestyle and wellness facts in bite-size 60 second videos. From period-care to mental health and STIs: seek and ye shall find. :eyes:
Bad news: There’s a wholllle lot of misinformation out there, too. :upside_down_face:

Take vaginal brushing, steaming and talk about ‘period debris’ for starters. Our very own @Dr.HANX_Co-founder gave Cosmopolitan UK the lowdown on the potentially harmful ‘hacks’ popping up on your feed, click here to catch up now.

Heard of any wild trends, tips or hacks that do more harm than good? Share 'em below and let’s smash stigmas and myth-bust mistruths around vaginal health and sexual wellness together!

3 Likes

OMG I have heard this too. I was told that putting herbs in your vagina would help cleanse the womb and remove toxins too. I’ve had really bad period cramps so was looking at forums and chat rooms to try and help… people were saying they had bad cramps and discharge when they put these things inside them but that was ‘removing the toxin’ - I was honestly so close to trying it as I had such bad period pain!! Now reading the above I realise it’s utter rubbish… :grimacing: thanks so much for sharing Dr HANX!

3 Likes

did you see this post about how your period stinks and how it has a stench?? What the hell! https://twitter.com/DrJenGunter/status/1384921291241689095

2 Likes