HANX Fix: Progesterone Only Pill

Hello! If you’ve ordered your Progesterone Only Pill via HANX Fix, this is your digital safe space to:

• ask questions

• support your fellow POP users

• chat through any side effects you might experience

• check in with Team HANX on how you’re getting along with your pill

1 Like

Hi everyone,

I have decided I would like to start on the pill as I have a long-term partner now and am bored of the faff of condoms.

I was looking at the progesterone only as I can’t actually get a blood pressure check at the moment (so hard to get a drs appointment!) but I was wondering what the difference between this and the other types of pills are?

Any tips/experiences are always useful!

V xxx

Hi V,

Exciting times ahead! It’s great to hear you’re looking for more info on the different types of pills, and our Co-Founder Sarah aka Dr HANX has spilled her knowledge on each variety we offer here.

You find out more about the different brands of progesterone only pill specifically over on our blog here - and our guide to everything you need to know about the ‘POP’ here, too.

Good luck and let us know how you get on!

Team HANX :blue_heart:

Hey, can I just double check if the Progesterone-only pill has synthetic or natural progesterone? I wasn’t sure if you did both options or even if they serve different purposes? Would also be interesting if there are any blogs that talk about the differences between synthetic and natural forms of this hormone. x

I thought all synthetic?

Hey @Harry - yes, as Eliza says, all the progesterone only pills are made with synthetic hormones, either Levonorgestrel or Desogestrel. These synthetic hormones prevent pregnancy by thickening the mucus in the cervix to stop sperm reaching an egg. Hope that helps :slight_smile:

Sarah x

1 Like

Thanks Eliza and Sarah!